SURYA NAMASKAR YOGA PRAYING TO SUN GOD
1. Stand upright with the legs together and palms together, Take the hands above the head and bend trunk backwards. here ,breathe in air fully.
2. Bend the body to the front and touch the knees by the forehead . Keep the palms on the floor on either side of the legs. breathe in air fully.
3. In this stage, kick the right leg back , take the left knee forward, look up and inhale. press the bottom close to the heel.
4.In the next step, Take the left leg also back, resting only on palms and toes, keep the body straight from head to toes inclined to the ground. here breathe out completely.
5.Now, bend at the knee and rest the knees on the floor without altering the positions of the palms and toes. Rest the forehead on the ground. in this position breathe in air while moving backward and then breathe out completely. do not stretch the ankles.
6. Without moving the hands and toes, come forward on the chest and rest the forehead. In this position sastanganamaskar . forehead , chest, palms, knees and toes are the eight organs that will be touching the ground . the bottoms will be lifted up. stay in breath-out condition.
7. breathe in air, lift the head and trunk making the spine concave upwards without changing the position of the hands and feel. keep the knees off the ground.
8. breathe out. raise the bottom, push the head down and have a complete arch with the heels touching the ground and palms on the floor.
9.follow the 5 th stem, breathe in air and breathe out.
10. breathe in air and bring the right foot in between the two palms and in line with them. arch the back concave upwards same in step 3.
11.breathe out and bring the left foot forward next to the right foot and touch the knees with forehead same stem
12.breathe in air. come up stand erect with hands in namaskar mudra and relax